Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Error code E31 on zanussi Zk245. Can I fix this myself? Wa

Customer Question

Error code E31 on zanussi Zk245. Can I fix this myself? Washer/dryer
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi E31 is a fault on the electronic pressure switch circuit. For this its either the electronic pressure switch itself, Wiring or the main control board. What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top panel.From there you will see the pressure switch on the right hand side. It will a thin hose going to the bottom of it and a small wiring block. Check that wiring block and make sure theres no loose wires in there.Remove the block and refit it a few times. If the wiring is fine then its either the pressure switch itself or the control board. But as this pressure switch is electronic theres no way of testing it. Its a case of replacing it and seeing if this cures it from there. If its not the pressure switch then the main control board is the fault and will need to be replaced. But to be honest with you for the E31 code its mostly the control board or wiring at fault as its very rare these pressure switches fail. So check the above and see what you find. As that's the reason for the E31 error code you have. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards