Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The control knob of our gas rings is stuck in the OFF

Customer Question

The control knob for one of our gas rings is stuck in the OFF position and will not turn.
What do Is there any way I can fix it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full ENr please and I will have a look at the breakdown for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B1432W0GB/01
FD8203
B-AP22-7
5750.312995
Could you recheck the ENr please, the one supplied is for an electric built in oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is electric but there are gas rings on the top.
B1432W0GB/01 is listed by Neff as a built in undercounter electric oven, if the kitchen company fitted a hob above the oven it will have its own separate ENr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. There is no number on the gas hob, so it looks like you can't help.
Has my credit card been debited? If so, will that now be refunded?
Have you tried looking underneath the hob the ENr is located on the stick on rating label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've managed to get the number without dismantling....
T2113W2EU/03
Ah excellent - can you just confirm that if you take a knob off one of the other gas valves you still can't turn the defective gas tap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid for advice and now paid for a phone call.
Do you phone me or do I phone you? Do you want my phone number or do you send me yours?
I note that you show on your website that my question is "completed" and that I have awarded you five stars. What does this mean?
Just ignore the completed, we will continue until we are finished, the system generates spurious messages from time to time. Can you confirm that you are unable to turn the faulty gas tap with one of the other knobs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.
I have just tried with another knob and it works! Then I tried with the original knob and it also works! Something must have worked loose with all my fiddling about with it yesterday. It definitely did not work yesterday, when I tried everything including the knob switch. (I am a graduate engineer and I kid you not)
Maybe it won't work tomorrow. Maybe the mechanism needs cleaning out.
I expect you can't assist more at this point. If so, thanks for your time. and please see if you can refund part of my payment (eg for the non existant phone call).
Barry.
Leave that with me Barry I will ask customer care to refund you the telephone charge - I attach the link to the parts listing for this appliance as there are three different gas taps for it -- http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/T2113W2EU/03
Regards ***** *****