Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I want to replace a Rangemaster Victoriana griddle element

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you let me have the model number and serial number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No serial number on the back. Bought second hand. Model is Rangemaster Victoriana
Can you have a look in the right hand lower draw there is usually a sticker on the side near the draw runner. The Victoriana is just a range with several different versions NG, LPG, dual fuel, ceramic. I really do need the specific model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. No serial number inside the drawer. It is a gas hob with two gas ovens, a gas grill an electric griddle and an electric hotplate
I will have a trawl through my manuals and see if I can find something and come back to you. In the meantime could you send me a photo of the top please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo attached
Many thanks that is helpful
OK I have a much better idea and have now got it down to about forty different models, The instructions are going to be slightly vague because they all are slightly different so bare with me and come back to me if you get a hiccup. Move the appliance forward (or as forward as you can bearing in mind the gas hose), note the safety chain if fitted, power off please. Then take the back panel off it may be either one piece or two depending on version. Once this is off and out of the way, using a torch you will be able to see the two cables that connect to the element itself and adjacent to them two locating nuts. Undo the nuts and you should be able to pull the old element forwards. Fit the new element into the holes and tighten the nuts, reconnect the two electrical cables and put the back on and thats the job done.