Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a drayton lp 241 and the ch only works when I've

Customer Question

Hi. I have a drayton lp 241 and the ch only works when I've started the hot water first. I can then turn off the hot water and leave the ch running. Do I just buy a new one and replace the front part?
Guy
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes if you take off the front face you can put the new one straight on without having to touch the wiring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This unit is less than 3 years old. Is it normal to break down so soon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping that the units are repairable in some way - £60 every three years seems a bit steep. Any comments?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, im sure they are repairable but it would need technical electronics experience to find the faulty component, one every three years seems a bit much . Maybe change to a diffferent manufacturer. Honeywell do some great programmers. You would have to change the wiring back plate , but its not too difficult, as long as you wrote down all the wires and pisitions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just been round the corner and replaced it with a new one £59! Hope it lasts better than before. At least we'll have a warm Christmas. Many thanks.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
I hope it lasts longer for you too . All the best and have a lovely christmas too.