Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Hotpoint built in oven SH89PX which takes a very

Customer Question

We have a Hotpoint built in oven SH89PX which takes a very long time to heat up to temperature. When on the 'Traditional' or 'multi-cooking' mode We bought the oven it takes about 30 -40 minutes to reach 180 degrees! My wife wishes to use the 'Baking' mode but this never reaches a temperature above 65degrees!! We bought the oven in May 2011 from Comet at Weston Super Mare.Please can you help to resolve this problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - just been looking at the service manual and unless I misread it, it appears that only the conventional oven elements are used with traditional and multi cooking mode. This always takes longer to cook than the fan cooking method which uses a different centrally located element rather than one in top and one in bottom. The way forward initially is to establish by purchasing a oven thermometer (only a few pounds) and confirming that the actual temperature is that you have set on the thermostat.