Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a washing machine-Whirlpool. Now its not working but

Customer Question

I have a washing machine-Whirlpool. Now its not working but flashing light F23 what does this suppose to mean?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - F23 is caused by the following, the microprocessor has noted that there is not enough water in the drum (which can cause the heater to not be submerged) it can be caused by a faulty pressure switch (which senses the water level) the heater itself, wiring to the heater or the main control board or even a blockage between the sensing pipe between the tub and the pressure switch. Sometimes when it appears you can do a reset of the washing machine but in all honesty this usually doesn't work.