Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HOOVER DXCC 48W3 WASHING MACHINE. WHEN

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HOOVER DXCC 48W3 WASHING MACHINE. WHEN I TUNE THE DIAL TO THE REQUIRED PROGRAMME THE MACHING HAS A CONTINOUS BUZZING SOUND
IT FILLS WITH WEATER AND EMPTIES
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Is the buzzing noise coming from the top or the bottom of the washer?
Do you only hear it when the washer is running?
Does it make it all the way through the wash cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FROM THE TOP AND YES TO WHEN THE WASHER IS RUNNING AND ALL THROUGH THE WASH CYCLE
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok the buzzing noise will more then likely be the control board im afraid. Ive seen it a few times on these and other washers were the control unit buzzes from new. Now sometimes its only a low buzz but other times it can be loud which sounds like it is on yours. Im afraid this is a fault with the appliance and nothing you can do to alter it im afraid. You need to either get the retailer to exchange it for you as its brand new or get Hoover out to replace the electronic unit in there and that will sort it for you. Sorry its not what you wanted to hear for a brand new machine but the control unit will need to be replaced to cure this. Now when this happens it doesn't actually stop the washer from working so I know a few people that have the washer in a out shed just leave it as it is but that's up to yourself on this. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome.