Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Which Dyson V6 cordless vacuum is best floors? I have

Which Dyson V6 cordless vacuum is best for hard floors? I have a mix of wood floors, tiled and carpet but predominantly wood.
Which Dyson V6 model is the best for this?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Of the range the V6 Fluffy (£280) and the V6 Total Clean (£279) are the best Dysons for hard floors with a head that is specifically designed for this type of surface. As the price is only a pound difference, I guess its the one you like the styling of which is your personal choice. Hope that has been helpful.
Would you now kindly rate the information given to you by selecting from the star rating bar in the top corner, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Ian, that's very helpful.

Do you know if there a lot of difference in loss of power between this and a standard upright?

Thanks again,

Mary

Hi Mary,
As an appliance engineer the problem here is not so much the loss of power between the two its more to do with the amount of time that the battery powered one can operate; which is usually around 20 minutes. The other side to the story is that the standard upright has unlimited time but is heavier. Not wishing to be vague but its more to do with the environment that you wish to use it within and the time you would normally take to do the job. Personally, I would always go for the mains powered one. Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

I understand what you are saying, it is a difficult one as I currently have a VAX Cylinder Power Pet which is 2,200Watts. Is this a big difference with the Dyson's power?

I usually run around certain areas with a small handheld each day and then use the VAX for the main vacuuming.

I find it extremely noisy and difficult to use with the hose and power lead getting in the way all the time, I have a flat with a large open plan lounge with kitchen so have to be swapping around with plug sockets to get this room done so thought about getting a cordless. I also find it difficult to get the parts on and off, even the hose attachment is a nightmare.

If I was going for a cordless, would you say Dyson is worth it? I've been thinking about one for ages but they are very expensive but I noticed it had a big sale in the Black Friday event so wanted to get some advice on it.

Thanks again,

Mary

From a cordless point of view I don't think you can do better, their digital motor technology is far ahead of their competitors and their after sales service is second to none. Their engineers are well trained and know their stuff unlike most companies who only think vacuum cleaners as a afterthought. As a coincidence I have a Vax upright which has tremendous power but is clumbersum to use and obviously the new max power regulations have cut the power usage to a maximum of 1600 watts which seems somewhat misguided but there you go. Let me know how you get on if you buy a Dyson.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting one of the rating stars in the top corner, once done you can continue to ask further questions on a free of charge basis. Many thanks for using JA and have a great day - Ian