Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Have a hot point washing m/c model WT540. It is stopping when

Have a hot point washing m/c model WT540. It is stopping when it reaches the rinse spin cycle. Any thoughts on why?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - is it full of water at this stage or empty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Empty
OK do you/or can you get and use a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't got one and wouldn't know anyone who has one that I could borrow.
OK well let me tell you what I think is happening, at the end of the wash cycle the appliance spins out the water and then after a short gap fills with cold water to start the rinse cycle. If for any reason the water inlet valve is faulty and not letting any water in the appliance will just sit at this point. However, you need to be able to check a couple of things with a multimeter to confirm that this is the case, firstly that the valve coils are intact ie they have an electrical resistance, that there is power reaching them and finally that they mechanically work. You could just buy a new valve but that is guessing and may turn out to be a waste of money. perhaps you have a friend who can use a multimeter ?
Can I be of further assistance?