Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Indesit Di620 dishwasher that intermittently freezes

Hi I have an Indesit Di620 dishwasher that intermittently freezes after a rinse with button 3 flashing and I am unable to reset. If I turn it off with the main button it will return to normal the next day - has happen 3 times over past weeks any ideas? Thank you
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries -
Led 3 flashing indicates that there is a problem with the heat measuring sensor (thermistor), its connection to the control module or the main control module itself. Unfortunately the electronics on these dishwashers is of very poor quality and they are prone to fail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Can I take from your answer that it is not viable to replace these parts as the machine is 8 years old. I they can be replaced what would be the approx cost?
Kevin
OK quick question, does it heat the water during the wash cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
KevinYes it does heat on full cycle
Well assuming that the cables are sound the cost of the new main control pcb is £100.24 and the thermal cut off is £22.99 but the thermistor is not listed so likely this is no longer available. Add vat and carriage and you are a good way towards a new appliance without the hassle of something else failing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
KevinYes it does heat on full cycleIanThank you for your time and good advice. Any makes you would recommendRegardsKevin
To be honest with you, most makes are fairly poor these days so you have to try and get the best value for money that you can - I would recommend either Amica or Gorenje both of whom come with a two year warranty or if you want to spend a bit more money go for a German built Bosch (but make sure it is German built as they have a factory in Spain and another in China)
Sorry we were unable to repair your appliance at a reasonable price but sadly it is the way of the world. Could I therfore ask you to rate the information given by using the star system at the top of the page. This allows me to close down the information request on the system whilst allow you to ask further questions free of charge. Thank you for using JA and enjoy your evening.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.