Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There we have just moved into a new house with a viessman

Customer Question

hi there
we have just moved into a new house with a viessman boiler. there seems to be no power to the boiler although it is plugged in and switched on.
The previous owners said it was working when they left and that the boss controller was communicating fine with the receiver also.
Very confused. The screen on the bioler is blank and the pressure has dropped. Any advice?
many thanks
poppy
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - the first thing that you must do Poppy is establish if you actually have any power going to the boiler. With no display my initial thought is that you dont have any power there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi ian, it is difficult as i am back in another house now so that i have wifi so please be patient with me too! yes it seems that there is no power but i cannot work out why... it is plugged in and the switch is on. everything else in the house is working...
OK there are a number of things that you need to check, has the fuse gone in the plug so when you go back take fuses with you and secondly check that you have power at the socket by perhaps plugging a kettle or lamp in to confirm the supply. If no supply then go to the fuse box and confirm that all the trips are on. There is no rush, come back to me when you get to the house next time and we can walk you through it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks i will try those things but we have already checked the fuse box...it is strange is was working when they left nd then not the next day.... very weird. i will come back to you tomorrow when we have been there again, thanks.
OK speak to you tomorrow