Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Beko wm612ow A plastic button has broken off and it sounds

beko wm612ow
A plastic button has broken off and it sounds like it's gone through the drum and is rattling around somewhere in the machine. When it starts a spin cycle it sounds awful and I've stopped the wash for fear it might be causing damage. is this something I could check and possibly resolve myself or do I need to call someone out?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
From the sounds of this the button has made its way into the filter at the bottom of then washer.
Remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.
There you will see the filter in the bottom right corner.
You need to get a big towel under there and remove the filter. It will just unscrew.
Then you can clear out in there and I think you will find the button in there.
Once that's clear refit the filter and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.
From what you say that's were the button will be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries, Just let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Button found, wash on now. Well see how it goes. Thanks again. Seems like a really simple check that I should have known to do.