Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I accidentally pulled off some wires from the bottom

hello I accidentally pulled off some wires from the bottom oven multifunction switch. from knob end the far right side front 3 wires colour, currently white blue yellow, and front outside left brown and orange on terminals 1 and 3 of the seven on that side. is ths correct. I think the terminals on the left are wrog as light does not come on. what coulur is this cable and its location. ? Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - ah a nightmare scenario, ok before I can help you I need the full product code or pnc which is nine or eleven figures long. This can be found on the rating label affixed to the product usually in the door area. In this case the model number is ***** sufficient.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####
Thanks - when I get back from work I will dig out the diagrams and ping you back. On the pnc could you tell me if you have 00 or 01 after the 7 there are two versions of that appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither. Surely you have enough information there.
I will see what I can do, the problem is that the Electrolux group have a habit of changing things as they purchase different parts from different suppliers. The result is that you can end up the with same model with three different innards or three different models with the same innards sometimes up to seven or eight different versions for the same model. In your case there is versions 00 and 01. If lucky they will both have the save selector switch if not we will have to work out which one is fitted on yours. Not quite as simple as you suggest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** picture arrived as should help. I think I have worked out most of it, but the light fails to come on.
OK I have the information to hand when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Can you upload the relevant diagram.
If you give me your email address I can copy it and send it to you by return please substitute the @ with (at)
If you look closely at the switch you will see it is numbered and lettered and number/lettered on its sides # ***** thro 7 one side and 1a thro 7a the other.
Numbers to wire colour codes are as follows -
1 = Red/White
2 = White/Yellow
3 = Violet
4 = White/Blue
5 = Orange
6 = White
7 = No wire fitted
1a = no wire fitted
2a = Brown
3a = No wire fitted
4a = No wire fitted
5a = White to timer
6a = Brown to oven thermostat
7a = no wire fitted
Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using just answer and have a great day.
Do you require further assistance?