Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Drum will not work if i flick the fan on the back of dryer

Customer Question

drum will not work if i flick the fan on the back of dryer it works
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the model number please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
condensor vhc691b
It will be the start capacitor that is at fault, it is bolted on the side of the motor and looks like this -- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CBB60-AC-450V-25uF-5-4-Terminals-Electric-Motor-Start-Capacitor-for-Washer-/121767095356?hash=item1c59e26c3c:g:zB0AAOSwEetWASGM
This is for a 25 microfarad one - yours is likely to be 8 microfarad will be marked on the side. You will have to go to an electrical shop or buy it off the internet as its not listed as a spare part, motor and capacitor are sold as a complete unit from Hoover.
Would you now rate the information given to you by using the star rating at the top of the page, once done all future questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.
Can I be of further service?