Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Neff five ring hob has a problem with one jet. It lights

My Neff five ring hob has a problem with one jet. It lights but goes off after about ten seconds. It is about seven years old.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you kindly let me have the full ENr please so that I can have a look at the specs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope ENr is FD8610/00054
No that is the manufacturing date code but it will be on the label too, it will end with /.. where the .. is two figures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We believe it may be CE99BM/48. If this not right we will have to forget it and write off the £20.
It will start with the letter T followed by two figures and end something like GB/01 -- however the problem is likely to be the thermocouple that is dirty or faulty. It works this way, you light the burner and heat is applied to the thermocouple which in turn generates a electrical voltage in the system, once this voltage is sensed the burner gas valve is kept open. Should there be no voltage then the gas valve closes and the flame goes out. Its called a flame failure device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband says he understands what you are saying and it certainly seems the likely cause. Is there anything he can do or do we need an expert?
How handy is he with handtools?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reasonable he says!
He will need to take the top off replace the thermocouple but without having the full model number I cant give you too much more information, if you can get the model number from underneath I can send you the parts list so you can see where things go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. We will have to get someone in. My husband has to lay on his back to get the number which is faint anyway. At least we have some idea what we are looking at. It does not seem a big job if you know what you are doing?!
OK if you need a local engineer let me have your postcode and I'll list a couple in your area.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selection the star rating at the top of the page, this allows me to close down the job on the system once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PO16 7NW