Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko DCU7230W condenser tumble dryer less than 18

I have a Beko DCU7230W condenser tumble dryer less than 18 months old but there are no control panel lights working and the machine will not start.
Drum light is working so I know we have power to the machine, any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Not good news im afraid. If the drum light is on but not the front lights then the control board has failed.
But you will find the heater element has shorted out and that's blown the control board here. So you would need to replace both im afraid here.
But what ever you don't don't fit the new board and turn it on without doing the heater otherwise it will just blow the new control board straight away as ive done this myself before.
So remove the control board behind the plastic control panel and open the casing and you will see the blow marks to prove the control board has blown. Then you need to replace the heater as well to cure this.
Ive seen this fault a lot on these and its always the heater that fails and blows the control board on the front here.
Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.