Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Baxi 105e , fires up and runs after a bit it will try to light

Customer Question

baxi 105e , fires up and runs after a bit it will try to light again but the flame goes out if reset the flame keeps going out
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , you say it runs for a while. Are we talikng minutes or seconds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT WILL RUN 10-15 MINS ,CUT OUT WHEN IT GETS TO THE SETTING , WHEN IT THEN TRY'S TO FIRE UP AGAIN THE FLAME FIRES AND THEN CUTS OUT
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, how do you get it to come back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
REST BUTTON ,BUT THIS DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, does it do this on heating and hot water ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES,WILL FIRE UP ,THE FLAME WILL THEN REDUCE AND STOP
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , replace the heating and the doic hot water temperature thermistors. Very common fault on the boilers
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , that should have been domestic hot water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SECONDS
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you are saying it fires up for seconds and then cuts out? Is there a fault code that comes up on the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only flame fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT WILL TRY TO START THREE TIMES BEFORE SHOWING A FLAME FAULT
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , then you will need to change your flame retification( sensing) probe. This senses when the boiler is lit and opens the full gas valve. Fairly cheap and easy to change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already changed the sensing electrode
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I still believe it will be the thermistors, but have you. Checked the pump is running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump and fan both working
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that's good..I still think it will be the themistors. They can be the end on ohms with a. Multimeter. They are usually within a certain range
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will order new ones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About to order new temperature sensors do you think it could have anything to do with the safety thermostat
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I think k the boiler is cutting out on overheat stat because a faulty thermister is allowing the temperature to get to0 high
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BOILER WORKED FOR A DAY ,THIS MORNING IT STOP WITH THE SAME THING,I HAVE JUST RESET AND WATCHED IT FOR AN HOUR ,IT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE ?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Intermittent faults like This are really difficult to diagnose.. I wonder if the overheat stat is playing up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you mean the safety thermostat,l changed that when I fitted new sensors
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I did. There's. Not many things it could be and you have changed nearly all of these. The only thing left is the pcb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was changed about 18 mouths ago
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
This is really difficult. Somethings dropping out or tripping out out. Have you checked the flow Microswitch. Maybe keep the switch open manually [with tape or something ] and see if it runs ok .
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Have you changed any leads, ie flame recognition probe lead or ignition lead. Something may be getting hot and failing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fitted a new lead when the flame probe was changed
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , just some to baxI. They recommended cleaning the gauze filter on the isolation valve on the return o. The right hand side
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Spoke to baxi. Spellchecker
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try that thanks
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
No probs