Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Hoover VT814 D21 washing macine. About 18 m old.

We have a Hoover VT814 D21 washing macine. About 18 m old. Poder and conditioner drawer keep blocking. What do I need to do (apart from constantly removing and cleaning it).
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - couple of quick questions, whose powder are you using and do you use concentrated fabric conditioner? When you clean it does everything then work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We use Bold 2 in 1 powder and Lenor Super Concentrate conditioner. Even when drawer cleaned the conditioner does not go in and end up with lump of wet powder.
OK sounds like you have a lump of powder about the size of a gold ball stuck between the soap dispenser box and the tub. First thing (if you are able) is to lean the washing machine backwards against a wall or cabinet and boil some water. Once the water is boiled remove the soap dispenser and pour in the hot water directly in to the dispenser box and note how fast it goes through. Do this about three times and report back on the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Couldn't tip the machine back as is fixed. Got a funnel and poured water in. A bit slow at first but now flowing freely. Ended up putting whole kettle full through. Water that went into barrel of machine was quite soapy. Will put a load of washing in in morning and let you know if problem solved.
Excellent news keep me in the loop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have used the washing machine a couple of times today. The problem appears to be resolved. Many thanks.