Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hotpoint Aquarius+ 7kg WDF740 washer tumble drier.(about 6

Customer Question

Hotpoint Aquarius+ 7kg WDF740 washer tumble drier.(about 6 years old but not hard used ie. no kids)
Plastic door handle had broken off so cannot open the door of the washing machine. There is no water in it. Tried pulling the cord connected to it, once the cover plate has been removed at the base.
What are the likely causes this? Is it easy to replace the handle?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - did the door open when you pulled the cord or is it still stuck?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian. No. Door handle is actually broken off so no access to machine. Ian
OK how happy are you to work on the appliance, this will entail taking the top off and sliding your hand down inside the appliance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem
OK if you slide you hand carefully down the front door catch side between the tub and the front cavity you should be able to feel where the 'door hook' comes through and into the door lock. If you force that to the side you should be able to pop the door open. That is stage one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian
Thanks for your help. Followed your advice about accessing the door lock from inside the machine and managed to work the rest out.
With thanks
***** *****
OK good to hear, would you now kindly rate the advice given using the stars at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system, once done all further questions are free of charge. Many thanks and have a good evening.