Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Hoover VHC681B Tumble dryer. There is no power

Hi I have a Hoover VHC681B Tumble dryer. There is no power to the machine. I have tested and found voltage all the way to the PCB at the front but it still will not turn on. Any Ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK you have power at the two way connector that plugs into the facia pcb yes? If so have you got any display and are you able to check continuity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no display on the front of this model. Continuity was good all the way from the 13A plug to the two way connector for the PCB.
OK on the board you have the two way connector and next to it a four way connector, can you see it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a four way connector near by. yes.
OK with the power off but the door closed tell me if you have continuity between the two black wires nearest to the two way connector?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I have continuity between the two black wires.
OK we have checked power in to the board, we have checked that the door switch is working so I have to conclude that there is a fault with the main pcb which will require replacement. Nothing else left.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst at the same time allowing you further questions on a free of charge basis. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks for your help.