Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Berry Pemberton slim electric fire. How do I replace the effect

Customer Question

Berry Pemberton slim electric fire. How do I replace the effect motor?( 3700 S series A some sort times it works, sometimes not! Do I. Have to dismantle the whole fire?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - quick question, do you have the fan motor as nearly all parts for this appliance are obsolete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I can't see how to get to the motor without dismantling the whole unit! I have had the Effect blower unit working whilst fire is upside down. But each time I replace the light bulbs and turn it right way up it won't turn. The motor just hums. I have found two places who sell the motor for £74 and £58. Obviously I would like to remove existing motor to ensure the supplier has same unit. Dimples still make same unit with a different front.
First thing I would do is spray some WD40 into the motor and see if that makes a difference, these motors use phosphorbronze bearings which dry out as they get older. Once you've done that come back to me.