Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AEG T88595IS brand new. just put on the wool

Hello I have an AEG T88595IS brand new. just put on the wool drying cycle and the noise and vibration is really loud. does not do this on any other cycle what may it be?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the 9 digit (somethimes 11) pnc or product code and I will have a look at the specifications. However, remember that this is a heat pump dryer and doesnt work in a conventional way It optimises the direction of rotation, drum speed and drying temperatures to create a cycle to suit each fabric type.
So, when you're drying woollen items, the drying process simulates traditional flat drying, (ulike the other cycles) so there no risk of shrinking. ie it works a different way to normal drying appliances.
The dryer is Woolmark Blue certified, so however large the load, and however delicate the clothes, it treats each item as gently as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dryer is an AEG T88595IS. Where / what is the product number?
It will be in the door area, a stick on label with both the model number and pnc or product code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part number is: ***********
OK thank you that was what I needed, let me explain how the works, there are four motors in the appliance and one steamer. All generate noise but the exception is that the wool program uses them in a different manner. My college at Electrolux has advised that it is normal for the dryer to operate differently to the other cycles and it is generally more noisy. I hope that clarifies you query.
Would you therefore kindly rate the information given by using the star rating at the top of the page. This allows me to close down the job on the system whilst giving you access to further questions on a free of charge basis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dale I agree the machine initially is more noisy to begin with on the wool cycle, however, Either with the one item or without after 5 - 10 mins the machine sounds as if it is going to shake itself apart and the noise is really loud and the vibration huge! So, can you please possibly explain why the machine is doing this as there is no way this normal. Thanks
OK if you feel that it is making excessive noise and bearing in mind that it is a new item I would get on to ServiceForce and get them to come out and see you. Obviously this will be free of charge under the manufacturers warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dale
Do you thonk the answer you gave matched my question, as I dont. You gave me a descriptipn pf the drum action, then told me to call an engineer. I dont thonk you had a solution in terms of my question and i dobt feel what you told me was relevant.So I dobt feel I received a service relevant to the cost.