Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Have aWhirlpool Micro wave ovenVIP 27 DES CRISP SERIES 1000WE

Have aWhirlpool Micro wave ovenVIP 27 DES CRISP SERIES 1000WE 20 YEARS OLD, RECENTLY SMELL OF BURNING...plasticky smell. If I call a technician out to check it , what will be the charge. Want to make sure the electrics are safe before moving on.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - the charge (depending upon where you live) will exceed the value of the appliance, you would at a general rule be paying around £50 to get an engineer to knock on your door, there may be a live limit say 30 minutes after which he will charge more. If you wanted it repairing and you are able I would take it to a local electrical shop that does this sort of appliance. The other thing that you will have to take in to consideration is that it is likely that spares to fix it are no longer available.
Hope that has been of help in you decision making.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ian - am well satisfied with your answer
I am please I was able to help - could I ask you to rate the information given by using the star rating system in the top corner. This allows me to close down the job on the system and once done allows you to ask further questions if needed free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great weekend.