Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

MY OVEN SEEMS TO BE OPERATING IN DEFROST MODE.THE GRILL WORKS

MY OVEN SEEMS TO BE OPERATING IN DEFROST MODE.THE GRILL WORKS FINE AND THE FAN .HOW DO I SWITCH OFF THE DEFROST OPTION THAT IT APPEARS TO BE SET ON ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Can we just establish that you have heat when you select the normal oven operation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO,I ONLY HAVE HEAT WHEN THE GRILL IS ON ,WHEN I SELECT FAN OVEN OPTION EVERYTHING WORKS BUT WITH NO HEAT(AS IF IT'S LOCKED ONTO DEFROST MODE,WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW WAS AN OPTION
Its not ~ that was why I asked the question, I think you have a faulty fan oven element, its not too difficult to change, are you happy to use hand tools and do you have a multimeter or mains tester?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THAT WAS MY INITIAL THOUGHT THAT THE ELEMENT NEEDS REPLACING,BUT WHEN I READ THROUGH THE MANUAL IT TALKED ABOUT THE DEFROST WHICH THREW ME,I THOUGHT I WAS MISSING A SIMPLE SETTINGS SOLUTION AND DIDN'T WANT TO GO AHEAD AND REPLACE THE ELEMENT UNNECESSARILY.if that's the answer,thanks i can take it from here !
OK would you now kindly rate the service given to you by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me later if you need more advice on the problem. Thank you for using JA and have a great weekend.