George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Rangemaster Dishwasher and I have switched it on and

I have a Rangemaster Dishwasher and I have switched it on and the power light light comes on, so does the low salt and rinse-aid lights but the programme button, the 1\2 load button and the delay timer will not function.
Can you help please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me the model of the dishwasher please?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Ref RDW6012FI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want the live discussion offer thanks.
Have you tried holding down the Start button to RESET the dishwasher program
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we have.No change
Then has the dishwasher got water inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it hasn't. It finished the last cycle yesterday evening and now won't programme a wash.
Then I can only presume that your PCB module (Programmer) has become defective and will need replacing.
I have just had a look at the board for this model.. There is a fuse near the inlet on the board that would cause the problem you have... try changing the fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What type of fuse is it? will it be part of the PCB?
I will take the DW apart tomorrow and try and find it.
It is a glass fuse and it is next to the large relay on the board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George, Ill try your advice and see if I can get it working again.
Ok, I'll look forward to your report
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GeorgeI dismantled the DR tonight to find that the fuse was fine and if it had been a problem, I wouldn't have been able to change it very easily as it was soldered into the PCB.I found that the the PCB outlet cable plug had shifted a small amount and by putting it back together I corrected the problem.I will rate your service shortly but I feel disappointed that you didn't have any more suggestions relevant to a DIYer and that there was no advice related to accessing the electronics on a built in dishwasher.RegardsGarth
Hello Garth, I am sitting here at my end with only my memory to instruct you of the possible parts..
I am not a teacher, I am an engineer; one who spends his time assisting people in his spare time; as I have done for you.
Removal or access of or to the electronics is self explanatory and therefore I would no mention it unless you ask.
This service relies on the questions you ask; You ask a question; I give an answer... That is the way it works. You did not ask any questions or mention that you were having any difficulty.
I am happy that you have found the issue and that the problem is solved with little or no expense.
regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair