George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am looking to purchase a 55cm cooker to fit in a 55cm gap.

Customer Question

I am looking to purchase a 55cm cooker to fit in a 55cm gap. I have been told that maybe a gap should be left either side of the cooker. Is this correct? I really wanted a cooker to fit the whole space.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
The question of the gap is one of touch. A 55cm cooker will fit a 55cm gap but leave at least enough room that the side of the cooker does not directly touch the sides of the adjacent units. This gap may be purely enough that the cooker does not touch, yet the gap may be invisible to the glancing eye, unless you are actually looking for the gap.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.