How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dales-Electronic Your Own Question
Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1466
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dales-Electronic is online now

I accidentally put some popcorn into a plastic tupperware bowl

Resolved Question:

I accidentally put some popcorn into a plastic tupperware bowl and microwaved it only to discover that the bowl wasn't microwave safe, it melted, the popcorn burned. Is the microwave still safe and if so, how do I clean the stink that now rermains in the microwave and the house!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries- firstly the microwave is still safe to use as whilst the plastic has melted it didn't in doing so damage the workings of the microwave.
On the subject of the smell, I'm afraid the best that you can do is to give the interior of the microwave a good clean with detergent and a brush. The remainder of the house will have to be aired to get rid of the smell and if its got into the curtains some febreeze is your best route.
I'm afraid it will take a few days for the smell to disappear, I made the mistake of putting kippers in mine a couple of weeks ago and the bag burst, I wont be doing that again.
The main thing is that the microwave is sound and usable.
Would you now kindly rate the information given you by using the star rating at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a wonderful evening.
Dales-Electronic and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you