Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My LG GRL207TUJA Fridge is just constantly filling up the ice

Customer Question

My LG GRL207TUJA Fridge is just constantly filling up the ice maker tray with water and does not switch off! It literally just keeps pumping out water and overflows everywhere so I have switched off the water supply.
Any suggestions on how to fix appreciated. Is there some kind of sensor that detects when the ice tray is full and then switches off the water?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries -
The ice maker is sold as a complete assembly but One component of the ice maker assembly might be defective. Since the ice maker components are not sold separately, you may need to purchase and replace the entire ice maker assembly. Before replacing the ice maker assembly, check the water inlet valve, water line, fan, contol pcb and finally if you are able check that the valve hasn't got power to it all the time. If none of these parts are at fault, and the freezer temperature is at least -12C, replace the ice maker assembly.
However, firstly check and ensure the water inlet valve is not jammed open. I will see if I can find the test procedure for you when I get to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I "check and ensure the water inlet valve is not jammed open" please?
The water inlet valve is located behind the back cover and the supply pipe screws onto it, you will need to remove the back cover to access it.