George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint Washing Machine Model: WMFUG 942P UK bought

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Washing Machine Model: WMFUG 942P UK bought in October.
F09 is showing on the display the lights are flashing orange and it keeps clicking
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
F09 indicates that there is a problem with the electronic module of the appliance.
Since you say that this first happened whilst draining the appliance, try draining the appliance using the hose at the rear then check the contents of the pump filter. If there is content, try operating the appliance again.
If the problem persists, disconnect the power to the pump to make sure it is not interfering with the electronics; if it is then change the pump; if it isn't then change the module.
Kindly rate the assistance given by me and be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me if returning for further advice as I'm not constantly available.