KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My siemens dishwasher will not fill with water. i have cleaned

My siemens dishwasher will not fill with water. i have cleaned all the filters
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and tilt it backwards around 45 degrees, make sure excess water is drained out..plug it back and try again... if the problem is still there then water inlet valve will need replacement..if you need further assistance please get back with its complete model number and also let me know how old is it..________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin,Thanks for your reply. I had another builder in today who has looked at the washing machine and he says that the water is going into the machine. When you start a program some water appears at the bottom of the machine inside but there is no water coming out of the spray arms. Any suggestions. model number Siemens 9000 236 685 (8702) I don't know how old the machine because it came with the flat I moved into last Saturday. Thanks
OK, if you have already tried the above procedure of pulling it out and there are no leaks at the base, then water inlet valve is bad and will need replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never got back to you previously because the dishwasher is built in and I couldn't get it out as the front had been tiled over. Just dismantled the units and removed the dishwasher. I tilted at 45 degrees as you suggested but there is still no water going into the machine when I tried it again . So presumably it is the water inlet valve as you said. Thanks anyway