KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Have indesit washing machine wixl163. Stopped mid cycle- green lights on but red light

Hi, have indesit washing machine wixl163. Stopped mid cycle- green lights on but red light won't come back on.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... how old is this washer ? do you see any flashing lights ? have you tried to clean the drain pump assembly ? please let me know. ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, not sure how old but it came with the house, so at least 5 years. Haven't tried cleaning any parts of it. There are green lights showing but no red light and none are flashing. Red light appears when machine switched on but them disappears again and doesn't come back on. Doesn't work on any cycle.
OK, with the washer unplugged, remove the cover panel located on the lower front of the machine and then rotate the lid anti clockwise... clean this drain pump filter completely and make sure nothing is stuck inside ... re-position the panel and then try the washer again... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. I've taken out the filter and cleaned it - there was a penny in it- but it's still not working.
OK, machine stopped full of water or empty ? If it stopped full of water then check the drain hose where it connects to the drain pump ...also take off the drain pump and clean it completely...once this is done it should work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I still need to do this but will try tomorrow. Thanks for advice.