KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Samsung wd906u4sagd. Top icon on the left of the menu just

Customer Question

Samsung wd906u4sagd. Top icon on the left of the menu just flashes. Actual wash will not start up
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... press the Temp. and Rinse buttons at the same time for around 10 seconds to reset the controls ... if this won't help then please let me know which top icon is flashing ?________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flashing icon was replaced by an error message of 5E. After draining the drum and making sure the drain hose was not kinked, I attempted to rerun the washer. The drum filled up with water and started going thru the wash cycle but would not drain nor go into the spin cycle and flashed a 5E error message again. I assume it is something with he water pump?
5e error code usually appears if the filter is clogged...have you also cleaned the drain pump filter located inside the bottom front of the washer ? If this is already done then with the appliance unplugged pull it out and remove the back off the unit...clean the drain pump and the hose going from pump to the drum...make sure nothing is clogged anywhere...it should work after cleaning is done.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turned out to be the water pump which needed replacement
Good that it is fixed now.... If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks