Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have been given an LG american style fridge freezer (GWL227HBQA)

Hi I have been given an LG american style fridge freezer (GWL227HBQA) the ice maker is working but it will not despence ice cubes and water any ideas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the water depencer is not working it will also not depence Ice although its making it
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If you press the dispenser button on the front does the light move along the 3 lights for the water, cubed ice or crushed ice?
Are you able to alter the setting on the fridge or do you see a picture of a padlock lit up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes can do all that and you can hear the "push Bar" clicking when you put a glass in but nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Padlock light is off but you can turn it on and it freezes the panel
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - if you press the test button under the actual icemaker does it go through the motions of turning the ice-cube tray and dumping the cubes? I assume the chilled water is working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that does work when you press the button, but the ice won't dispense and the water is the same
OK first thing to do is to make sure that you have a supply through the water circuit, when you press the chilled water lever can you hear a buzz?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I've just tried that and there is no buzz from the 3 functions
Did you have to take the doors off to get the appliance in the house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we took the Dora off to get it through the doors
OK first things first, stepladder to hand, power off, take the freezer door hinge cover off and check that the electrical connector plugs are connected and if so that you push each metal pin of the connector firmly in its socket. The pins have a habit of pushing out of the plastic holder and not connecting with the receiving socket. Power back on and come back to me with the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you sir are a genius, but what had happened was one of the pins had go bent up when I re-connected the door to the fridge, so all is working again, thank you, Steve
A pleasure Steve, been there done it myself, had to laugh got given one of those about a year ago with the same problem it still humming away in the kitchen good pieces of kit much better than the Samsung.
Would you now kindly rate the help given to you by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA have a great day and see you next time - Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.