KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a bosch combo built in oven HBC84E653B/35. the oven

Customer Question

i have a bosch combo built in oven HBC84E653B/35. the oven is working as usual but the microwave isn't getting any heat. when i try to use it it's stuck on a timer setting that runs for a minute with no heat. i can't change the clock symbol. help!
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... as everything is working fine the problem is either with the magnetron or the HV diode that is bad and will need replacement, the cost of repair will be around £110 including labor. ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really feel like it's an issue with the settings. If i knew how to unset the timer it might work. Is that a possibility? When you hit the clock symbol on the left three modes cone up: the bell symbol, a clock symbol and a timer synbol. As soon as i turn the left knob to the microwave setting it defaults to the timer symbol with a minute on the clock-- like some sort of delayed start function that i can't turn off. Does it still sound like what you've diagnosed? Many thanks.
Use the - button to reset the Timer duration to as far as 0:00. ...also check page#9 and #10 of this User Manual... if still it wont work then the problem is with the magnetron or HV diode..let me know how it goes.
Use the - button to reset the Timer duration to as far as 0:00. ...also check page#9 and #10 of this User Manual... if still it wont work then the problem is with the magnetron or HV diode..let me know how it goes.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much. You were absolutely
Right about my oven and i wrote a
Glowing review on the website
Many many thanks!
You're welcome..... Good Day