Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

My Baxi DuoTec 2 boiler is showing E 117 , I gather from

Customer Question

Hi , my Baxi DuoTec 2 boiler is showing E 117 , I gather from my manual this means pressure is 3 ,too high .It says "correct" pressure however it does not tell me how to do this , can you help me or do I need an engineer ? . The boiler is one year old. I would be eternally grateful for any help as it's very wet and cold outside 😩 Phil Kelly
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - this is abit messy but it works. Get an old towel and a bowl/bucket and release water from the bleed screw of one of the radiators. Do a bit then check the boiler pressure. and continue until you get it back where you want it. Not technical just old school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, that worked a treat thank you. One further question if I may ? e117 and
especially E118 low pressure do show up a lot. I am due a service from the Gas Board here in Ireland on Sat next will the service engineer be able to put that right for me or do I need a repair call , what do you think ? Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly , sincerely ***** ***** ps never thought I'd be able to do that at my age 68 ! A new step for this old lady 😂
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian a little blip
has occurred . Boiler turned and I thought all was well but now it's blinking 133 and the manual says press reset button but I can find the reset button and it's not in the diagrams can you help ? Phil Kelly
Hang on, I'll dig you out the manual. Link below, copy and paste
http://www.baxi.co.uk/documents/Baxi_Combi_Duo-tec_GA_User_Guide.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got the manual Ian and it seems like the flame has gone out and reset button
Not helping , looks like I need to get an engineer as I don't know how to relight it , thanks for your help Phil Kelly
OK well as you can see 133 indicates that there has been an interruption of gas supply, do you have other gas appliances that are working correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes my hob is !
OK when you do a full reset do you hear the spark igniter tying to light the gas ie a clicking noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Ian it just reverts to the power symbol alone on the screen ?
OK I have been going through the tests for this and it needs I number of bits of test equipment that I doubt you will have. Just try on more thing, switch off the power to it for a couple of minutes and then back on and tell me if it has reset itself or generated another fault code (error message)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that it made an attempt to start and/to reset ? But then reverted to E133 and flame symbol flashing again
OK I think you now need to call in an engineer who can do both a service and sort out the boiler at the same time. I will get you a full refund as we were not able to resolve your issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ian , but not a Full refund as your time and expertise must be paid for. A partial refund is more than fair, thank you for your time and patience 👍Phil
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi think you were speaking to a white goods guy, do you still need help with the boiler?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just saw your email now, I do still need help if you can please ? Phil Kelly