Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Fagor oven. Today I used the pyro cleaning system.

Customer Question

I have a Fagor oven. Today I used the pyro cleaning system. This has left a white covering throughout the oven instead of the white ash it says should be the result when reading the manual. Any suggestions as to what to do next?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the oven please.
Also if you try the oven and grill do they still get hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My oven is a Fagor FSO1100X. It blew a fuse during the cleaning operation and it was stopped- now I have this permanent white coating. I have tried everything I can thing of to clean it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok what you will find here is one of the elements will have blown inside the oven.
As when you use the pyro setting it brings all the elements on in there. When an element fail sometimes it can blow the fuse and you get the powder dust inside the oven every were. As its the dust from inside the element that causes this.
But to find out which element is faulty you need to try all the settings in there and if one of them isn't heating up as it should then that's the element at fault here.
But as to clearing the coating usually oven cleaners will shift it.
But check the elements in there and im sure you will find one of them has failed here.