Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a miele fridge (standard size under the counter

Customer Question

Hello. I have a miele fridge (standard size under the counter larder fridge)The fridge is about 8 years old and it has started to produce an ice slab at the inside back of the fridge> i cleaned it 2 hours ago and already it looks like frost on a windscreen. after about 4/5 days it will be about 3" thick!can you tell me what is happening? i clean my fridge fortnightly the seals are all clean and intact the door closes properly and the thermostat is set on 4 out of 7
thanks Penny
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Penny there are only two things that cause this the first that you have a faulty thermostat and the second is that you have a shortage of refrigerant and the system never gets cold enough to carry out a defrost. Give me your phone number preceded by # ***** #1234 etc and I will call you and explain it as it takes some thought to understand it all.