Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There.....Zanussi FJ1094 washer: The appliance is completely

Customer Question

Hi there.....Zanussi FJ1094 washer: The appliance is completely inactive apart from red light on facia glows. The little orange light on the door does not light, the door does not lock. I have fully rotated the dial and there is no action whatsoever and no sounds at all. It's like the machine is completely dead apart from the red light next to the dial, which I suspect is not as bright as would usually be altho I could be imagining this.
Thanks in anticipation of your assistant.
Geoff..
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - ok can you try something for me, would you put it on a program, shut the door and manually move the timer a click at a time and tell me if you get any action at all even if its only a buzz.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Ian...thanks for advising...I have followed your initial sugestions and there is definitely nothing happening. Apart from the red light on the facia it is as though the thing isn't even plugged in.Geoff...
Hi Geoff,
Are you able to use a multimeter? From what you have told me you either have a supply problem ie its only suppling say 100 volts when it should be 220 volts, there is a problem with the door lock, the on off switch or the timer being mechanical is faulty. But I really need to know firstly that you have power to the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes do have meter and there are 245 volts into machine....
OK have you got the top off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes...
OK at the back you will see that the power going into a mains suppressor and then out and forward towards the on off switch. can you confirm that the power is getting to the switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks fella...there is 238v on the innermost of the pink wires connected to the on/off switch. On the switch there is a four way and a one way connector. With these removed, there is continuity between the farthest pin and the next two towards me (which have thick pink and thin orange wires) and the next two (ie fourth one from the multipin plus the single one (which has the thick brown wire on the plug.....standin' by...
Can you take a picture of the connector, the two thin wires should go to the neon - if you can give me the pnc number out of the door frame that would be helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pic herewith, the two black thin wires (just below the two white connectors) do indeed to to the red neon.
OK could you let me have the pnc and I will have a look at the wiring diagram if I can find one, will come back to you later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ian forgot that bit....numbers on label are: Model FJ1094 Type P6296233 Prod No.###-##-####01 Ser No. 702 00801.Thanks will stand by to hear back when you are ready.
Just waiting for a wiring diagram and will come back to you.