George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Have just purchased smeg dishwasher which will be place under

Customer Question

have just purchased smeg dishwasher which will be place under a gas hobb but instructions state under no circumstances do this without using a protective cover ? which covver ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..
The protective cover is usually one of a couple items:
1. A wooden partition
2. A plastic sheet that covers the whole area of the underneath of the hob and is sealed
The reason for this is to protect the gas hob from the steam emitted by the dishwasher during use and when opening the door of the appliance.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.