KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

KevinCould you please tell why my washing machine will

Customer Question

Hi Kevin
Could you please tell why my washing machine will not go.
I have a Hotpoint WT761G.
I have just replaced the door seal.
The machine will now not start.
The door locks, the lights come on and the timer runs down but the machine does not do anything.
Regards Ray
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ray, welcome to Just answer .... it seems while you replaced the door seal, you have mistakenly remove the wire harness going to the door interlock mechanism...open everything again and just remove the connector from the interlock and reconnect it again... let me know how it goes________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin
Machine working ok I did not remove the connector but just jiggled it a bit.
I must have dislodged it whilst doing the door seal
Thanks Ray
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin
When you answered my question regarding the washing machine I did as I said (jiggled the iterlock connector) and it worked.
I thought this was the answer, however I have just tried to use the machine again it now will not work as before.
Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was the answer, however I have just tried to use the machine again for a second time and it now will not work as before. So what is really the problem.
Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin
As my problem hasn't been solved by your original reply I have been informed that I am entitled to additional advice or a refund.
Could you please get in touch.
Regards ***** *****
Hi Ray, sorry I just got your message ...as it worked at that time I think the problem is with the door interlock that is bad and will need replacement or the wire harness attached to it has to be replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin
I have since replaced the door interlock and the control panel . After your original suggestion the machine only worked intermittently. I replaced the door interlock and it still went intermittently. I then got an error message F01 after which it would not go at all. I have now replaced the control panel and it still will not go.
Regards Ray
F01 indicates a fault with motor triac which is different from your original question...the triac is located on the main control board..to check this board unplug the washing machine and take the rear panel off.... you will see the main board is located at bottom left when viewed from the rear....you can also take this board out and clean the wiring a bit... connect everything back and check if it works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin
Is the triac a replaceable part or do you have to replace the whole control board.
It is difficult to remove this item is their a trick to doing it.
The main board has to be replaced