Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Does anyone know where you can get a lint filter (the one inside

Customer Question

Does anyone know where you can get a lint filter (the one inside the front door) for a Samsung dryer DV70F5E0HGW, we called Samsung and they were of no help said it was discontinued and they don't stock parts for it (WTF it's less then 2 years old).
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - I will try and find you one but sofar my search has listed it as obsolete in the suppliers we use. Could you just tell me what you have after the GW on the model number? There should be an /.. followed by two letters as there are five different versions of this model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EU is the version, I have looked online no luck.. but I see you can still buy this from the major stores around here.. last time I buy a Samsung!
OK if your product is still under two years old it is still covered by the warranty parts and labour. If I were you I would draw there attention to this and say that if they are unable to replace the filter then you want a new product delivering. That should focus their attention. If you look through the attached, unless I have missed it, there is nothing that states that filters are exempt from this cover.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/pdf/fiveyearwarranty/terms.pdf
In the meantime I will see if I can source you a filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought it would have been covered too, but they say no its a consumable item (WTF?).. I have looked on line and other people have gotten the same result
I would stick to your guns, if its a consumable it should be available they can't have it both ways. Or if they are getting stroppy take it back to you're supplier and get him to act on you're behalf (he has more clout) The item if registered has a five year warranty. Your point is that if you use the item without the filter you will invalidate your warranty. If it was out of warranty well then yes they might have a case but it isn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(got an email asking to rate the service) I'm going to leave the question open and not rate it as requested because my question has not been answered yet (where can I get a filter other then from Samsung as we have tried that already and they say they don't carry parts for discontinued items, they said to check online to see if a dealer as one left or call around)
OK good luck