Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

DanielI have a couple of questions couple of ap

Hi DanielI have a couple of questions for a couple of appliances.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Candy dishwasher, a GODF -800, and the dial seems to be stuck or seized. It's stuck on delicates and won't move. The display says END meaning it has finished the wash. I would normally switch it to off and then choose what ever type of was I require the next time I switch it on.As the dial will not budge I have tried unplugging it from the wall fro a number of hours, but that made no difference either.I have attached an image of the machine. Why I don't know as I'm sure you know what a washing machine looks like.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - not sure if Daniel is working today but let me try and help. The timer knob can be pulled off carefully forwards which will reveal the program pcb behind. The timer knob can only be fitted one way into the pcb. What you need to establish is if the switch (that the knob fits into) is seized or if the knob is damaged. Power off, you can usually find a suitable screwdriver to stick in the knob hole to try and turn the switch. Have a go and come back to me. What was the second question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IanI did what you suggested and popped the knob off. Initially I thought that I might be doing damage to it, but it eventually came off quite easily.I used a small screwdriver to see if the switch was able to to turn or not, and it did, quite smoothly too. I had a look at the knob and the surroundings of it on the machine, and I could see no obstruction what so ever. So I popped it back on and viola, perfect.I'm a big guy and generally would have no problem in turning difficult valve and such. This was stuck and was going nowhere.Well done and thanks. It's amazing how simple and easy the fix was in the end.The other issue that I was asking about was a dishwasher door issue. So I actually asked a second question instead, as I initially misunderstood the method of contact with you guys.Thanks again
Pleased I could help, would you now kindly rate the information/help given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done you can come back to me at anytime for further help as is free of charge. Have a good weekend - Ian