Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Neff Dishwasher model number S51E50X2GB and it

I have a Neff Dishwasher model number S51E50X2GB and it looks like the springs in the door have stopped working. The outside door has actually come off due to the force at which the dishwasher door dropped last week. I was looking for springs that need
to be adjusted but can't seem to find any. On doing a bit of reading, it might be that this particular model might have the springs built in to the door and they are not supposed to be accessible. But I can't seem to get any confirmation on this. I was going
to call Neff and query this but I need the Rating Plate details. The instruction manual states where it should be on the rim of the door, but I can't find it anywhere, even down the sides. I have attached an image to show you where it should be. If I could
get you opinion on the two of these it would be great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the photo
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Could you give me the number that comes after the / that follows the GB on the model number, there are a number of versions of this model. Many thanks. The full model number is ***** laser etched on the top of the appliance stainless steel inner door. The spring assemblies are actually inside the appliance side panes not in the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereSorry, I should have done so in the first place.S51E50X2GBHope this helps.
There should be an / followed by two numbers after the GB if you could let me have that it would be helpful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is all I have and it's a sticker on the outside of the door that just gives me that.
If you look at the top stainless steel inner door you should see the ENr lazer etched into the metal work, you sometimes have to get at the right angle to read it. Generally with this model you have to remove the appliance from the cabinet and remove the left and right hand sides. The spring and hinge rope are visible the spring being at the back edge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry if I am not making myself clear. There is nothing there or down the sides. I thought that I had attached an image previously, but maybe I didn't. Please look at the attached image to see.
I think you misunderstood what I am trying to tell you, the hinges are spring loaded to stop the door falling with the weight of the wooden panel. The springs are inside the actual cabinet of the dishwasher behind the left and right cabinet panels (not the door) You will have to remove the appliance from its enclosure and take off the two side panels which then gives you access to the fulcrum points of the door hinge mechanism. The balance is achieved by using a horizontal spring connected to the rear of the dishwasher chassis connected via the rope linkage through pulleys. The springs are not part of the door at all just connected to it by a spring loaded rope.