Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My dishwasher WQP12-9319 does not work! My wife tells me

Hi. My dishwasher WQP12-9319 does not work! My wife tells me it had Fault E3showing this Morning but it no longer does. Just doesn't seem to work at all. Have refilled salt and washer fluid but still no action. Anything I can try?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries Error code 3 equates to a problem with the heater circuit. Its a case of getting the appliance out, taking off the base (a pain) and checking the heater which is in the base.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So nothing I can do - have to get someone in?
How old is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure - at least 8 years.
OK that would about fit, I used to work for Gorenje way back then, if you will take my advice, I would replace the appliance, this one was built by Necht for Gorenje and was not a very good appliance and was an equal nightmare to repair. I was checking the spares listing whilst waiting your response and it only shows a drain pump, heater and cutlery basket as being available. My concern is that quite often the heater failing caused the electronic PCB to also fail. I dont want you to call out and engineer who will be unable to fix it through lack of spares.