Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I used my Bosch D/ Washer on Intensive wash first

Customer Question

I used my Bosch D/ Washer on Intensive wash for the first time ever2 days ago and I switched it off at the Power on/off after it had finished it wash cycle.(so I thought).
Today2days later when I switched the machine to do a regular wash there are no indications at all e.g. Length of cycle or program selection.There is the sound of what sounds like a emptying pump running which is identical to what I heard when I s/wd the machine of after the Intensive wash cycle.
I have looked at the on line Trouble shooting and am wondering if there is arrest procedure who can do.
Regards Peter *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Peter is this a built in appliance or stand alone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
It is a stand alone appliance.Kind regards
Peter
OK Peter ~ pull it forward towel behind and tip the appliance to 45 degrees backwards, tell me if any water comes out of the base?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, there was no water that came out.
OK just check to confirm, you are unable to cancel the original program and when you switch the appliance on the only thing that works is that you can hear the pump running constantly - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct. There are no lights on the panel and the "pump" runs whoever the control switch is pushed ON and the door is open or closed.
OK just trying to consolidate the information, does the door feel as though it is closing properly ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the door is closed ok.
Otherwise it would not have started on the Intensive Cycle
No it would have run had the door latch flicked over, hence my question. Are you happy to take the door to pieces and have a look at the main pcb? If so power off first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It depends on what is involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you please advise, many thanks.
OK it involves taking the outer door assembly off, then removing the actual program/timer board and checking that there are no burnt connectors or damage to the board. Power off during this stage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK so would you please advise me what to do. For example how does one remove the door?
OK if you can give me the full ENr which is laser etched into the top of the stainless steel inner door I will try and link you to a illustrated parts diagram and then we can both see which parts I am referring to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ENr No is SGS56EO208/47 I have looked at the door and it seems that I will need a Torque wrench to remove the stainless steel inner panel, I believe that my grandson has my set as I was unable to find them which means that I will buy another set.I will try and send you some photos of the machine
I can't remember off the top of my head but its either a Torx 15 or 20 that you need.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I have removed the front panel of the door and there are no obvious signs of over heating or burning.
Where do I look precisely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to say that it is a T20 that is needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still awaiting your response to my questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Correct ENr No is :- SGS5602GB/47 This info not required now as I have purchased a new machine.Having spoken wth BOSCH uk my the reasons for this are 1. That I am not impressed by the "SERVICE" that I have got from you, and 2 that the cost of repair would go towards buying a new machine.
.