Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Have a Neff u1564 oven. The main oven is fine but the top

Customer Question

Have a Neff u1564 oven.
The main oven is fine but the top oven has stopped working. No lights show when the top oven is switch on. The fan does not spin and the element does not heat up.
Patrick
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - it could be a number of things, can you use a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I can
OK you will need to get the appliance out of its cabinet and take off the top firstly, when you have done this come back to me. Can you also give me the full ENr which will be in the door frame, there are a number of different variations to this model. I need all the ENr including the / followed by two figures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian,The E-Nr number is U1564N0GB / 10 8809 HBB-AP61-7 240V 50Hz 7.2KWPatrick
herewith a link to your cooker -- copy and paste into your browser
http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/U1564N0GB/10#/tab-spare-section-3
Go to page 8 which gives an overview of the components you need to check in the top oven. Item 0804 is the first item that I would be checking, you should have continuity through it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian,Thank you. I have printed of f the diagrams. Can you explain why you believe that it is part 0804?0804 00423877 00619173 Limiter-temperaturePatrick
This part is a thermal cut which has a habit of tripping, if that is OK then you need to check continuity through the heater element and finally check that you have got approx 220~240 volts ac at the heater and fan motor when the top oven is switched on, also power to the grill element. If the thermal cutout is OK, the heater has continuity and you still have no top oven operation then all that is left is the top oven selector switch.