Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch WTE84102GB Tumble dryer. I have cleaned it all including the float cham

Hi I have a Bosch WTE84102GB Tumble dryer.
I have cleaned it all including the float chamber Directly after starting it it stops with a double beep and the Iron dry and cupboard dry LEDs flash.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Iain
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - this is usually a float switch jamming - try this, take off the right hand side panel (as you are facing the machine) at the bottom you will see a spring mechanism for the belt tension. Beside this there are 2 electrical connectors. Take them off and spray with wd40 or similar. Whilst off give the plastic box they fit to a light tap with a hammer to free the float switch. Reconnect and try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
I'll give that a go
OK come back to me when you've had a look.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I have carried out the process as you described and it managed three minutes until it stoped again with the two lights flashing and the alarm beeps.
OK try the removing the right hand side connector and tell me if it runs longer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry was away from my computor, can you give me a little more detail on which connector you mean. The last time I attempted a start, it just fired up the allarm without any operation.
OK could you give me the full ENr including the / followed by the two numbers. I can then look up the specific variation of that model and come back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go...WTE84102GB/103GB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
update on that ....WTE84103GB/08 FD 8711 202208
OK thank you, ***** ***** have to let me get hold of that wiring diagram when I get to work tomorrow - I dont have that particular version and rather than have us trying different processes leave it with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Any joy with the wiring diagram?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are asking for feedback and we haven't completed the discusion as far as I can see,
Did you find a wiring diagram or do I need to try elsewhere?
Forget the feedback its a computer generated message, I'm still trying to get you a wiring diagram but Bosch like many these days are always difficult if you want technical information. Give me a bit longer and if I can't get you sorted I'll get you a full refund.
I couldnt get hold of the circuit diagram but what I did manage to get hold of was the fault code listing, your fault relates to there being an overheat problem with the heater circuit usually associated with there being a blockage in the circulation system. Now bearing in mind that you have cleaned out the vents, condenser together with the float system and it has not cleared the fault you need to have a look at the heater and its associated cut outs. Once you are happy that they are all in order and havent tripped come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last night I disassembled all the block connectors I could find and cleaned and re assembled them. It worked and I ran 3 cycles on low heat without issue. However it would seam there was no heat at all as the load wasn't dried and no water had been collected. I attempted another run with the standard heat and it immediately failed with the allarm as before. This would imply a heater fault as you suggest.
Yes that makes sense, it will run OK on low heat because it never overheats, if however you put it on high heat the safety thermostat (this is in place to prevent a fire) trips out and you get the fault. This is usually due to the operating thermostat failing or the vents being blocked. Will come back to you in a moment will check that these are available.
Copy and past - http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Tumbledryer/WTE84102GB/03 --
then spare parts list and diagrams, then page 2.
Now look at items 0207, 0208, 0216 -- 0207 is the operating sensor, 0208 is the high temperature cut off & 0216 is the exhaust vent sensor. You will need to check them out for a resistance or continuity with a meter. That should show up which one is faulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian, late in tonight will geta meter from work and run through this tomorrow evening.
OK catch you later on, I'm away today until after 5pm, see you then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Iain
Senior household management has called time on my attempted repairs and a replacement is now on it's way......so thanks for your efforts and I will call you when the next one goes 7its up!!
All the best for Christmas and new year
Cheers
Iain
Ah yes I've got one of those too, no worries, would you kindly rate the info given to allow me to shut down the job on the system - many thanks.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.