George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The start /pause light and drying indicator light are flashing.

Customer Question

The start /pause light and drying indicator light are flashing. I have unplug machine and turned off water for 12 hours. On turning them back on, 1 hour later with not doing anything else the lights start flashing again and the machine is empty.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Can you tell me the model of the appliance please?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indesit IDF125W dishwasher
Sorry for taking a while to answer you; I've been away for the day, but then I had to nip into work to get the service manual to look at the codes.
That particular sequence of flashing LED's is indicating that there is a problem with your heating circuit.. It could be caused (and I've placed them in order of commonality) by any of the following:
Heating element open circuit
Bad wiring connections
Faulty module
Bad soldering on the heater relay on the module
Blocked or faulty pressure switch.
Please remember to rate the assistance given by me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably best to replace it then. Cost of call out, parts and labour. Machine is 5
years old
I would say.. Take off the right hand side panel of the dishwasher and check the heater continuity... if it is o/c then change the heater.. Cost would probably be around £15 for a replacement heater.
Only if you are unable to replace it yourself would I then consider the other options
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. Wife has already ordered a new one. She can't love without out. Saves me washing up. With score you high. Thanks
You are very welcome
regards