Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a aeg lavatherm t6527dac tumble drier. The tank

Hi, I have a aeg lavatherm t6527dac tumble drier. The tank full warning light keeps coming on and stopping the machine, even though the tank is completely empty? Any ideas much appreciated?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If the water light is coming up then the water chamber at the back at the bottom will be blocked up.
What you need to do is look at the back of the dryer at the bottom towards the center and you will see a squarish cover with 2 screws holding it on.
Make sure its unplugged and then remove them screws.
There you will see the pump.
Now look towards the right of the pump at the very bottom and you will see a small rubber bung with a clip on it. Remove this and the water will drain out from there so get a towel ready.
Now you need to remove the pump and give the chamber a good clean out.
Then refit the pump and rubber bung and retry the dryer an fingers crossed this has sorted it.
Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Morning, It looks like thats done the trick! I didnt have time to give it a proper run but it has stopped switching off immediately. Fantastic! Thanks. Gregor