Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Philips Azur GC400 series. When it is pugged in a

We have a Philips Azur GC400 series. When it is pugged in a red light flashes once and the iron does nothing more, we have gone through the 'Auto stop' procedure with no success. All that happens is one flash of a red light then nothing more, can you help please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I am Tech Michael,Have you regult descale process?Also how much use does your iron typically see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not in a hard water area and there is no evidence of scaling. The iron would be in use perhaps twice a week as there are only two adults here
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Thi sone has a bad heating element. The error is due to a short circuit in that part. Unfortunately this is really not worth the cost of the parts needed because you would need the seal kit, and the heating element.If money is not an issue then I will help you get that part, and make the repair ;-)But if it were me I would simply replace this iron because the parts are almost as much as a new iron;-(In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice evening.Tech Michael